Sunday, April 8, 2012

Daily Dose 4-8-12


Luke 24:2-6 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!
He IS risen and He lives today! The victory Jesus had over death was not temporary and it was not for a select group alone. All of our sins placed the nails in His hands. He endured the agony of the cross and the separation in the grave so that those sins could be forgiven. With His resurrection, He purified all to have the authority to approach the throne of God, in confidence, to receive His grace and salvation. Today is a perfect day to accept that gift if You have never received it. If you accepted long ago, but wandered away, it’s a great day to come home. If the cross doesn’t seem personal to you, imagine His exit from the tomb as He calls your name to the Father as, “Forgiven!”
Forgiving Father, I am so humbled by the sacrifice of Jesus. It pains me to know what He endured for me. Please prick my heart to be more aware of my sin and quickly repentant. Help me to never take the cross for granted. I call upon the resurrection power that Jesus made available to me that day to help me overcome the grave my sins want me to stay in. Because He is risen – I too can rise above where I am to be who You have called me to be! Thankful…Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment