Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daily Dose 10-26-11

Psalm 97:10-12 Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.

It’s easy to claim we love the LORD, but how well do we proclaim that we hate evil? We are programmed to be tolerant and full of political correctness. Speaking against evil is not too acceptable. We have become so immersed in our society that we are desensitized to what is truly evil. Satan is wise in his disguise of evil. He slips it in slowly, letting us become comfortable with it, until we eventually embrace it. If you are looking for the pleasing guidance and light of God, with the joy He brings, tune your heart to be more sensitive to evil. Learn to hate evil and fight for righteousness.

Father, I have become desensitized to some degree to the evil that permeates our society. While I can’t rid the world of evil, show me a little more each day how to rid myself of the evil I allow. Prick my heart to the things that are detestable to You. Help me rid them from my life! I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment