Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Daily Dose 3-9-11

Mark 14:31 & 50 But Peter insisted emphatically, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the others said the same….Then everyone deserted him and fled.

In the Upper Room it’s easy to proclaim loyalty and devotion. It’s when the armies of life’s struggles appear that we want to flee. Those of us who have faith in Jesus whom we have never seen in the flesh wonder how his closest companions – those who stood beside Him as He made the lame walk and the dead rise - could desert Him in His hour of need. However, what would those companions say if they saw how easily we turn away from the Savior? Would they question how we could be so distracted by work, busy schedules, entertainment, and even church programming that we forget to spend time with Him in the Word and in prayer? Would they be shocked at what we allow in our presence and even in our homes that goes against His teachings? Would they ask us why we couldn’t stand up for Him when our greatest risk is to be considered politically incorrect? Find your Upper Room time with Jesus. Build your relationship with Him and let Him strengthen you for the fears and temptations that approach you outside your Garden of Gethsemane.

Precious Savior, It’s so easy for me to say how I would have stood by You that night. What You need to see is for me to stand up for You every day. Forgive me for allowing life’s distractions to interfere with my relationship with You. Instead of being distracted by life, help me bring Your life into my daily interactions. Help me make you visible to those whose hearts have never felt Your saving love. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment