Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daily Dose 3-16-11

Psalm 61:-5 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. For you, God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

The praises of David to God are such a wonderful picture of how we are to desire God. His thoughts, focus and actions demonstrated his love for God and pursuit of God’s favor. Are we too busy today to desire God fully? Are we so distracted by the hurried pace and hectic schedules that dwelling in a tent forever with God may seem a bit mundane? Take some time today, and every day, to set aside time to be still in God’s presence. Dwell in the tent of His Word and crawl under His protective wing in prayer. If you were blessed to have a family who passed the inheritance of faith to you, praise God for them – and maybe even send a note to thank key influencers in your life. If you have come to faith despite a lineage that disregarded God, make a vow for future generations to know God through your faith. Even if you do not have children, make a point to invest spiritually in young souls for the kingdom. Pursue the heart of God like David. Here’s a hint – He wants you to catch Him!

Father, I love you so much. I do long for more time with you. Forgive me when I allow the distractions of life take my focus off of You – the giver of life! Thank you for my family and countless others who taught me about You. Bless them! May I always be mindful to invest in others for the future of Your kingdom. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment