Thursday, July 19, 2018

Daily Dose 7-19-18

I Chronicles 28:19-20 “All this,” David said, “I have in writing as a result of the LORD’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.” David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."

David wanted desperately to build the temple. God had given him the plans, he visualized it, he was passionate about it – but God said no. As a warrior, David’s hands would not be the one to construct the temple. God told him it would be his son Solomon who would be the chosen one. David was accustomed to getting his way. He could have pleaded with God. He could have mourned over the loss of his dream. He could have turned his back. Instead, David saw his role in God’s plan as a supporter, encourager and a philanthroper. He gave Solomon the plans and blessed and encouraged him. He gave of his own wealth to fund the construction and encouraged others to do the same. Is there something you want to do for God, but He has said no? Look deeper. He may have a role for you that you did not expect. Humble yourself to be willing to do whatever job God presents…you will find blessings and peace!

Father, I dream big dreams and make big plans, but I am not sure they are always Your plans. I will submit to whatever role You have for me. Show me what You will have me do. I love You. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Hello sister Ginger Broslat. I am a Pastor from MUMBAI , INDIA. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post.It was a blessing to go through your blog post and a healthy daily dose on accepting whatever job God presents and then the blessings and peace you receive. I join with you in praying the closing prayer of the post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have young children of yours to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and the Fall Therapy Ministries also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id is : dhwankhede@gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I would love to know more about your Fall Therapy Ministries.

    ReplyDelete