Saturday, October 22, 2016

Daily Dose 10-22-16

Psalm 91:14-16 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 
He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

We all want rescue when we are in trouble especially when it is coupled with blessings and honor. Yet, we are not always as eager to truly love the LORD and acknowledge His name. We may say we love Him. We may even go to church on a regular basis and live a decent and moral life; but is that a relationship with Him? Is that acknowledging His name? To merely attend church and call that love for Him is like a husband who only sees his wife when it’s time to eat. Is that a marriage? To love God and acknowledge His name is to be in constant conversation with Him. It is making decisions based upon His desires, not your own. Are you asking for rescue and honor from someone you barely know? Get to know God through time with Him in prayer and His Word. Don’t merely strive to know the Word of God. Get to know the God of the Word!

Father, I DO love You. I have witnessed Your rescue many times. I am overwhelmed with gratitude and full of anticipation to see how You will rescue again. I believe the promises of Your Word; I believe You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment