Saturday, January 9, 2016

Daily Dose 1-9-16

Matthew 7:17-20 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

What if we could physically see fruit when we look at one another? What would people see when they see you? Would there be a reason people would be drawn to you? Would they see sweet fruit full of life-giving nourishment? When they come close and share what your life has to offer, would they taste the loving kindness of the Savior? Would they be drawn to fruit that looks beautiful on the outside, but is filled with bitterness, selfishness, unforgivness, dishonesty or pride? It is important to use the Word of God and quiet time in prayer to give the Holy Spirit permission to let us see our own fruit in private. When we taste what we are bearing, we may want to do some pruning.

Father, I stand before you open and willing to have You inspect my fruit. Prune from me the branches that produce bad fruit. Allow my life to be one that brings Your nourishment to others. Forgive me for watering bad seeds that yield bad fruit. Be my gardener. Love and tend to my heart so that others my see Your fruit in me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment