Saturday, March 8, 2014

Daily Dose 3-8-14


Psalm 51:10-12 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 51 is such a beautiful picture of confession. David had been caught in sin that was extreme. His anguish was not over being caught or the shame it brought to him. His anguish was over the fact that he had sinned against God. He knew His actions broke the heart of the God he passionately pursued. Often, when we confess, we do so in a prideful manner. We look at our sins as our failures or mistakes instead of looking at the results it brings upon the heart of God. True confession comes when we make it about Him and admit before God that what we did crucifies His Son all over again. God wants us to acknowledge and confess our sins; but He doesn’t expect s to live in guilt. Like David, we need to confess – REPENT – and seek restoration. The sacrifice of Jesus is cheapened when we don’t move on from confession and repentance in victory. God is eager to hear or confession when we sin; but He is more excited about the end result of our restoration to Him, learning from or sins, and moving on to get back to His work.

Father, I know my sins break You heart. I come before You and offer sincere confession. Look at the blood of Your Son over me and cleansing my soul to be pure in Your sight. Help me to move on in the restoration and victory that the resurrection of Jesus brings to me new and fresh every day! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment