Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Daily Dose 7-17-13


Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me.

Before the “But” in this Psalm, David was expressing a feeling of frustration with the silence of God. He was wrestling with thoughts, sorrowful in his heart and in fear of his enemies – does that sound familiar? If you feel like God is has turned His face from you, know that a loving father is never closer to His children than when they are struggling. Silence does not mean absence. Silence is sometimes a way to increase our faith and draw us closer to Him. So, if you are feeling like God is not there – PRAISE like David. Recount your blessings in gratitude to the Father. This is why David, a man who struggled with sin and made mistakes, was still known as a man after God’s own heart. What a great example to follow!

Father, When I look at the suffering of friends and family around me, I am tempted to wonder where You are in the mix. Prick my heart to overcome my mind. Instead of dwelling on issues, let me put all my prayer concerns in Your Hand, thank You for countless blessings, and PRAISE! I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment