Wednesday, November 2, 2011

DailyDose 11-2-11

Hebrews 4:14-16 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

In our society, we are programmed to constantly want. We want everything from success and power to the latest gadgets that promise to simplify our lives. Yet, what people really want is to be understood. We have a hard-wired component inside of us that craves relationship. Some are fortunate to find fulfilling relationships in life, yet the closest of earthly relationships cannot compare to an intimate relationship with Jesus. He will never disappoint, annoy, frustrate or belittle. He knows our weaknesses and compensates with His strength. He knows our insecurities and gives confidence. He knows our fears and protects. He knows our sins and provides redemption. No relationship on earth can give you what Jesus so freely offers.

Father, Thank You so much for Jesus. Thank You for being willing to let Him be my savior. I am so grateful He was willing to endure this life on earth so He can relate to my needs. I need more of Him shown in my life. Decrease me, increase Him through me. I love You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment