Monday, June 20, 2011

Daily Dose 6-20-11

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

What is a true friend? We amass a list of hundreds of facebook friends. We have friends from childhood, friends from college, friends from church, friends from work, colleagues we call friends and people we’ve just met that we are eager to call friend. But how many of those friends know us well enough to love us at all times? The ones you can truly count as friends are the ones who know you well enough to know your strengths, shortcomings, and hurts. They sense your needs before asking. They think of you and make time to see or talk to you in the busyness of life. They find time to laugh with you. They don’t have to be told when you are in crisis – they know because they are doing life with you. The really special friends are the ones who know the worst about you, have endured conflict with you – and still love at all times. Those friends are rare and a gift from the hand of God. Pray over them and protect those relationships!

Abba, Thank You for always being my Father, but also my truest friend. Thank You for providing people in my life through the years who have been and remain true friends. I pray for protection and strengthening of those relationships. Thank You for healing my heart when I have realized those I thought were true friends, actually were not. I pray for restoration of those relationships if it is Your will, and the ability to love them how You want me to if not. You are my best friend and I adore You! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment